Monday, August 6, 2012

Yippee!! Big, giant, humongous, project finally done!!!

I do quilting for a friend who has a remarkable business renovating quilts and making beautiful memory quilts for people. She made this quilt for a client out of wedding clothes, her husband's ties, and even her graduation gown! I think if someone handed me a pile of bridesmaid dresses, ties and a grad gown I'd run screaming from the building. Fortunately, she takes the 'sow's ears' and makes beautiful quilts out of them. The fabrics presented a huge challenge for the quilter, as they were different weights and weaves. The taffeta and metallic ones were the worst culprits for snagging and running, so I used a ballpoint needle (actually, I used 5 of these...they break and dull easily) and worked really s-l-o-w-l-y. Not my usual speed, but it worked. Anyhoo, after several starts and pick-outs, I finally finished the quilting. I think the owner will certainly be pleased!
This is the quilt; the rest of the quilt is hanging over the back of the table! It's HUGE

some quilting detail

a peek at the back

Oh yeah, my friend also makes tee shirt quilts! Here is the front of the quilt...

and here is the back! Two sided, and very nice.

I quilted around the 5 on the front, and this is what it looks like on the back. Cool, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.