Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Mr. Wazoo and I had a quiet Thanksgiving at home enjoying lounging around with coffee watching the Macy's parade and doing a little sewing. We ordered our dinner from Publix and picked it up yesterday afternoon. A big box of goodies, to be sure, but lacking any vegetable or rolls. While the whole shebang was cooking, I sewed the sashings for my Craftsy block of the month quilt. After steaming some broccoli and making crescent rolls, we ate in our 'new' snazzy Ikea dining room with a table cloth and everything!
Mr. Wazoo ready for dinner

Thanks to Ikea and a do-it-yourself hubby, we have a real dining room!

With the longarm in the background, idle for now, it's time to eat!

My Craftsy BOM quilt. I will take a photo in natural light tomorrow. The fluorescent lights make the colors look harsh and off.
After the dishes were done, I set to work on the quilt and just finished putting on the borders. Time for pumpkin pecan pie (my own, and quite yummy), another glass of smooth Chardonay, and my nightly Christmas flick on the Hallmark channel. I think it was a wonderful Thanksgiving. I am so thankful for our bounty that I plan to go to bed early and sleep, sleep, sleep! No black Friday mania here, only the zen of a peaceful day with my husband and puppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.