Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Quilting for kind hosts and our customers

Mr.Wazoo and I recently took a trip to Texas to see my folks and stayed in the home of some gracious snowbirds who were 'up-north' for the summer. They didn't know us at all, but offered their home just steps away from my Mom and Dad's little house. It was wonderful to have our own space and not feel like interlopers on my folk's privacy. So what do you do to thank kind people like that? Make them a quilt, of course! I used fabric that would go with their living room colors and decor, and chose the BQ2 pattern. It went together in a snap and Mr.Wazoo did the quilting. I think it turned out quite nice!
Last week we were busy doing quilts for people going north for the holidays, and getting caught up on the line of quilts in the back room. I love having the man here working; he is really making a dent in the backlog of projects.
Quilt for Keith and Judy

quilted by Mr. Wazoo
Mr.Wazoo

I quilted this one; oodles of flamingoes!

I quilted this Christmas quilt

Mr.Wazoo again

He did this one, too.

Me again. This is a pretty quilt with hand embroidery

I quilted this humongous quilt; it took three days!

a bit of detail

Mr.Wazoo did the edge to edge...

And I did the custom part! A great team effort.
Now, we're taking a breather for Thanksgiving Day to enjoy some quiet time and give thanks for our family, friends and wonderful life. Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!
*Gone With The Wind

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.