Friday, April 19, 2013

Almost done...

I have been working on the guild raffle quilt all week and I am almost done. The sleeve and binding went on yesterday afternoon, and then I hand sewed until 1:00AM. I have yet to sew down the bottom of the sleeve, but even us die hard quilters must rest. My other guild met today with a wonderful program by Sally Collins, the queen of small piecing in quilts. Home now and ready to get 'er done with the quilt. Back to regular work tomorrow!
Adding the sleeve at the quilt top

sewing down the binding

The long slog of hand sewing the binding down. Started at 7PM, finished at 1:00AM

Molly wanted to help. She barely fit on the footrest since I wouldn't allow her to touch the quilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.