Monday, April 14, 2014

Winter in April and a personal finish

It was a nice weekend to work on a delightful McKenna Ryan quilt my customer trusted me with. Santa, ice skating bears, snowy scenes and all sorts of fun. I was so stoked when I finished it, I decided to finish one of my UFOs that has been on my sewing table for a couple of months, lacking a border. The fabrics were from a pack of Guatemalan fat quarters I bought at a show years ago. They were just my colors, but buggers to cut and sew! I'd say 'squidgy' would describe how they act. Anyhoo, I plunged ahead and made this quilt, using the leftover pieces to make a small border. It's all quilted, but in my haste, I got a 4 inch pleat in the backing. Go figure... I'm leaving it in. Once I add binding (in the cheddar color) it will be a nice soft cuddle quilt for the living room.
I'm off to Sarasota on a fabric finding mission tomorrow. Stay tuned!

The customer quilt. I wish I could get the whole thing in a good picture...

bears and snowbear!

Hard to see, but the borders are quilted

The Christmas star

She pieced the back, too!

My squidgy quilt

Guatemalan fabrics and Kaffe Fassett stripes and shott cottons

I love this Kaffe  Fasett on the back, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.