Tuesday, September 9, 2014

New home in Blairsville, Georgia



We closed on the house in Blairsville and are scrambling to get utilities going and appliances installed. Thanks to my son for taking a few days off work to help load and unload the truck! We couldn't have done it without help, and he volunteered without hesitation.
We went out to the house after dropping our son off at the airport in Atlanta, and the appliances had been delivered and all but the stove installed. We'll deal with the gas company tomorrow, and it will be the last task this trip.
Uncle Leo is keeping watch over the new kitchen, and my rooster is crowing on the fireplace until the rest of the stuff comes. We won't be there for awhile, but our friends will be stopping by to watch over Leo and Buster, the peeing dog. I hope we will be able to get away for the leaf-peeping time...at least for a weekend. Until then, it's home again, home again, jiggidy jog.


Big truck arrives! Mr Wazoo is such a good driver.

Before unloading...nice empty garage

Cabinets with their countertops!

I like the island!

Guest bath

Master bath

Fans are in and I'm ready for a toddy on the deck

The boys unloading my pie safe

Yippee! First piece of furniture in the new place.

Looking good in the guest room.

Everything we brought is now in the garage...one of those boxes has the fabric for my friend's quilt back. We are going to find it tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

Garage cabinets and sewing room equipment ready for the new digs

Buster is 'christening' the fireplace.

Uncle Leo is watching out for the appliance men
Oh, I am sooo happy! Gleaming new appliances!!
The kitchen is looking good
Unloading the flat boxes that will be a bed tomorrow. Thanks, Ikea.

My rooster holding down the fort






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.