Wednesday, October 15, 2014

EEEEEK!!

Yesterday, I was in the zone with quilting, having a good time making swirls and pebbles on a customer show quilt. Did I mention it is a customer quilt? Show quilt?





 Everything seemed fine until I saw one stitch that looked humped. Sometimes the anti-backlash spring gets old and causes the thread to make a knot on the back, so I stopped and rolled the quilt to check it out. Yikes!!! The back was an entire mine field of knots! The top thread had popped out of the tensioner and there was no tension between the threads. This has happened to every longarmer at some time, and is a royal pain in the toot when it does.




I ended up taking the whole quilt off and sitting in my chair, picking it all out. I worked from 4:30 in the afternoon until 1:15 this morning. Needless to say, my eyes were goofy and I had a terrible headache when it was all done. This morning, I feel fine and am ready to steam the holes to try to close them a bit (oh yes...all batik fabric, too) and get back on the horse, so to speak. I'm sure it will be fine in the end, but it sure shakes one's confidence.
Bad storms in Georgia last night caused some localized flooding and wind damage. My friend is kind enough to check the homestead for us, so I am not going to worry. What next? Something good, I hope.
Back to the machine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.