Saturday, June 27, 2015

Guild meeting and more quilty stuff

Thursday night was the Pieceful Mountain Guild, and I was happy to go  visit with the fun ladies there. The meetings are always lively and a bit raucous, but I love how they are not afraid to speak their minds about points of interest. Show and tell was short because some of the group just got home from the guild retreat and hadn't finished their projects yet. The one that was finished by Karen  was beautiful. It is the four patch posy pattern. Then we had a demonstration from Diane of all the different blocks that can be made from a split pinwheel. Very interesting. I'll have to put that on my list...
















Yesterday, I quilted a sweet hand embroidered baby quilt for a customer.






We then spent the rest of the afternoon at the nursery picking out the plants for the rock gardens and taking the scenic route home. Wouldn't you know it, the sky turned black shortly thereafter and we had a massive thunderstorm with heavy, driving rain. Much of the loose dirt in between the rocks is now at the bottom  and there are some rivulet trails through the garden and down the driveway.
Tim will have his work cut out for him, correcting the damage and planting all the new shrubs and flowers!






We sure stay busy here at Wazoo! I managed to sew up 364 four patches this week for a new project! Pressing is next, and then some more cutting and block construction. I'm in quilt Heaven.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.