Friday, August 21, 2015

Time for catching up


It's not that I am always behind with my work, I have so many irons in the fire right now, none of the projects are fully done...except customer quilts. I can never shirk that responsibility, because finishing in good time is my reputation. One customer told me today that her regular quilter is backed up six months!! I would have a nervous breakdown if there was that much work waiting to be done. We just plug along and do our best to make our customers happy. Here is what we have been up to in the last couple of days.
Mr Wazoo quilted this stunning tee shirt quilt and also the blue stars quilt. He really liked doing them because they were so flat and straight. He is still buttering up the boss for the Employee of the Month prize...
Beautiful example of a tee shirt quilt
Panto: Square spiral
Pretty blue stars
Panto: Frisky feathers
Here is a great underground railroad quilt from Eleanor Burns' book. I love the fabric choices.
The customer made this in a class. She did a wonderful job!
I enjoyed a little Christmas in August while quilting this whimsical Christmas sampler. Non-traditional and charming.
Unusual Christmas quilt


The big purple 3D is done and mailed to the owner in Florida
A look at the quilting
Border treatment

This yo-yo quilt was a fun one to quilt. I had to stare at it for awhile until the little gray cells kicked in and gave me an idea. I love how it turned out. So innovative, and yet so traditional, too. Lovely.




The warmer weather and daily rains have  produced a bumper crop of tomatoes for us. Every day we harvest a few and enjoy tomato sandwiches. Sweet corn has been plentiful, too, and we have eaten it three nights in a row! Yum!! Tomorrow is the farmer's market, so I think I will hop in bed and get a good night's sleep so I can get up early and partake in the bounty.
Good night!
Today's harvest


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.