Sunday, October 25, 2015

Basking in the afterglow

The show is over and we have to get back to our regular activities here at Wazoo. Mr Wazoo tried in vain  to quilt a customer project with alpaca batting. We have tried three times now, and only succeeded once to quilt through the batting. It is really thick and dense, making it really difficult to move the hopping foot over. After loads of picking, I told Tim "No more!" The customer was very understanding, having broken a needle herself while hand quilting through it. On to better fun...raking leaves!

It was a perfect day for it, cool and overcast.
Just around the corner from home

Our road, right before turning to our driveway

A maple in the yard

The view from the front deck
Today, I worked on a little project for fun. I have a stash of vintage blocks I have acquired over the years from thrift shops, antique stores and ladies who don't know what to do with them! I got out a packet of twenty blocks made in the early thirties and set to work giving them a new life as a quilt.
Here are the final choices for the sashing...

Here are the blocks with the sashes and corner stones. I think it will be a sweet little quilt to display instead of languish in a drawer, don't you?

The fabrics are all petite flower prints.

Here are a few more
We got our quilts back, and I have some new ribbons to add!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.