Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Quilt show week in full swing

Quilt show week started with the judging. Two days of lovely quilts and high suspense! I was surprised to find that all my quilts had been changed to different categories than I had entered them in. This guild considers my quilts to be professional collaborative because I quilt for money. If I had known that, I would have either entered less quilts (I had two in one category)or changed which quilts I entered. Next time I will be aware of that rule and adapt accordingly. Here is the run-down of how my quilts fared in the judging:
A Month of Sundays: First
Happy Together by the Lovin' Spoonbills: Third
Backyard HOA: Honorable Mention

Alphabet Soup: Honorable Mention



Swimming Upstream: Honorable Mention
Tim and I are really pooped now. After the judging, we moved the quilts to the venue and then helped hang the quilt show. Tomorrow, we will be there bright and early to set up the special exhibits for the small groups in the guild, the boutique and help wherever needed.
Friday will be showtime! I love the quilt show part of the guild wherever I am. Let's go!!
I'll have a slideshow after the show, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.