Monday, January 18, 2016

Lone Star Finished!



The quilting on the lone star quilt was finished yesterday, the binding made and applied, and today, finished! It turned out quite nice, with a scalloped edge. The customer should be pleased.
She had a quilt from home that was store-bought many years ago and wanted a quilt made like it, but in blue for her daughter. The original quilt was all solids, 104"x104". I made the daughter's quilt using reproduction fabrics to go with her decor. It finished 106"x106".

The original quilt from the customer. Only stitch in the ditch quilting. Really, a comforter.

My finished quilt


She requested custom quilting that included daisies, her daughter's favorite flower.


I thought scalloped edges were a sweet touch

A peek at the back, before binding
Binding finished. I put a daisy in each corner.
Just a small look at the finished binding. Quilt folded and ready to go!


                                   

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful finish. Love the daisies in the quilting in amongst the feathers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marlene! I just found your blog and love your quilts and quilting. Square spiral is one of our most popular patterns. I'm happy to see you free handing, too. I use the regulator for stitch in the ditch and ruler work, but prefer free motion .quilting.

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.