Worse that this, I went through three sewing machines before I got one that didn't have a problem! I started with my newest Pfaff 2056. The thread won't stay in the tension disk causing nests on the back. I have had this looked at before, but it never does it for the technician...I put it away and got out the Pfaff 7570, my workhorse of a machine. It started acting up almost immediately, skipping stitches and getting needle jams in the bobbin area. Trust me, I tried everything to get them going, wasting time in the process. Oh well, I thought, I'll get out the Janome 6500. Guess what? One seam fine, the next had no bobbin tension. There is no bobbin case, per se, on the Janome, so I just gave up. Going on down the line and further into the past, I pulled out the Bernina 1260. Good old girl, ran like a top. I had to get out the book to refresh myself on setting up for buttonhole stitch, but it went smooth as silk after that. Thank goodness! I only had one machine left...the Singer 301. People kid me about having so many machines, but this proves it is absolutely necessary!
Back to the quilt story. I used EQ to come up with a plan for the blocks and fabric the customer gave me for the quilt. Giant 30 inch blocks on point! Works for me.
|Day one's work on the design wall|
|Here it is...just lacking the outer borders.|
I had to go make supper, so those go on tomorrow.
|Words sewn to the sashing.|
On the way back up to the house I saw something moving around up on the ridge. It was Tim, surveying the land and having a beer. He got us a new screen door, too, and painted and installed it. What a guy!
|Thanks to the kid's Christmas gift card, we have a door that works!|
When I wake up tomorrow, it will be my birthday! (oh yeah, I have PT at 8:30 AM, too...yuk) I still have to work, but there will be phone calls from the kids and maybe a cake...