Thursday, April 28, 2016

Busy quilting day with two finishes!

Both of us were in the studio today working hard to finish the quilts on the frames before our trip to South Carolina to see Mr Wazoo's mother. I have known Pam longer than I have known her son! We used to teach in classrooms next to each other long before I even knew he existed. So, in Mother-in-law terms, I love mine! Now that she is in her 90s, we feel the urgency to keep in touch and see her whenever we can. That will happen tomorrow; meanwhile, there was quilting to be done.
I finally finished the custom quilt for the customer who likes dense quilting. This small quilt took three days and loads of  marking and ruler work.  I'm glad to be done, and happy with the end product. You can't tell in the pictures, but it is stitched in the ditch in all the colored areas with metallic thread. Just the right amount of sparkle.




I love the kookie backing

Mr Wazoo spent the day with a wonderful tee shirt/ memory quilt for a young man in Florida. It turned out really nice. I'm sure the young man will love it!

Our favorite tee shirt panto: Square Spiral

2 comments:

  1. Ann M, is a friend of mine, imagine my surprise to see her quilt on a blog I clicked on randomly, lol. You've done a great job on her quilt. I remember when she made the first block a few years ago and have enjoyed her process all they way through.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.