Sunday, June 26, 2016

Fun day Sunday!


I went straight to work to get the big custom medallion quilt finished so I could goof off. The borders were labor intensive, and took hours to finish, but look great. Quilt is done!!
I really like the fabric line in this quilt. I wish I knew what it was...







The backing is really soft. I love this quilt!
Mr Wazoo finished his quilts yesterday so he could go outside today and dig.


I wish the camera could get the shine on the thread. It is a light gold color and quilt shiny. Beautiful on this patriotic quilt.
He used the panto Angel Wings on this Amazing Grace panel quilt.
When I finished the big quilt, I got out my stash of 6 inch squares and made an I Spy for a charity project. I have piles of these squares left over from making my favorite charity quilt, the 2-3-2-6!


Kitties on the back. I'll hand sew the binding tonight while watching Olympic trials on TV.

I also dug out this bit of folk are cats that was a panel meant to be a pillow. I picked it up at a guild yard sale some years ago, along with enough of the coordinating fabric for the back and binding. I just added some of my homespuns to fill it out and make it big enough. Homespuns make a nice cuddly quilt.

I free motion quilted a loose loop and stars to keep the folksy flavor.

Backing and binding match.
Mr Wazoo did a bunch of digging in the heat today. He'll be starting the walk soon!
The lilies are going crazy!

Mr W all sweaty and happy.

Time to turn the page and get some supper ready. Tomorrow, I am off to a friend's house to give a longarm lesson! Should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.