Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Independence Day fun

Mr Wazoo had the best day ever for him. He played outside all day, digging and moving rocks around. Its amazing to me that he finds this fun, but he does!
Egads!! He was really dirty! But smiling...
I got to do just what I wanted, too. I sewed! First, I finished the little quilt from the day before and got it quilted and the binding on. Later, I did the hand sewing while watching Yankee Doodle Dandy with James Cagney. A bit sappy, but the dancing was fun to watch.

Here it is, all quilted and binding applied

My favorite block. The pig in a pickle car!

I used up the rest of the state map fabric for the back
and added some of the stripe to make it wide enough.
After some lunch, I tackled the blocks made by guild members for charity quilts. I chose a Mary Englebreit print for the sashing and a bright green for cornerstones and inner border. Now I have two tops done for the guild! Soon, I'll have to quilt them.

These blocks were the ones without faces on them.
The rest of the blocks (there are six more!) have faces and will go into quilt #3.
Today, it was back to work. Mr Wazoo quilted a Quilt of Valor for the guild and I started custom quilting a pretty one block wonder. It is slow going, but I'll get it done in a couple of days.


Panto: Patriot

Even the backing is patriotic!

What I'm working on.
Tomorrow, I am going to try to learn something new! I will be at the applique group where we will be trying our hand at wool applique. I bought a small kit at the show last year and don't have the faintest idea what to do. The kit maker assumes you know how to do the applique, so there are no instructions, just wool, a pattern and some thick thread. I'm gonna learn!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.