Monday, August 1, 2016

Teaching a friend and making more blocks

I had such a nice day today! My friend Debbie came over and had a good time learning how to load a quilt, set up a pantograph and stitch it out on the quilt! Kind of like Tom Sawyer, I let her do all the work while I 'supervised'. She was a fast learner, and finished the lap sized quilt by lunchtime!
The quilt was pieced by my sister. Remember?, she gave me a load of quilts to finish for charity.

I made the binding from a red and white checked fabric.

Panto: Quirky.
Doesn't it look good!?
After lunch, I worked on the quilt I started yesterday, making blocks for two of the corners. I have a lot more to do, but it will probably have to wait. One day playing hooky is okay...two days playing hooky; well, that would be downright sinful!

More blocks for the corner sections.

Squaring up the 3 colored blocks was tedious, but worth it.

Center and two corners done!

I don't have all the bits made for the other 2 corners,
but I'm working on them!
I wanted to show you something interesting from Tim's garden today. The butterfly bush has been quite active and showy with butterflies. They are so difficult to photograph with my little point and shoot camera because they never stop flitting about! Can't say I didn't try!

These two are the early bird butterflies.
They came in the morning.


These are the night owl butterflies.
They came in the evening.

Late summer afternoon on the mountain

Mr Wazoo, taking a breather before cleaning up for supper.
He says he's glad the walkway is finished!
All that's left is to get rid of the leftover gravel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.