Monday, October 24, 2016

Getting to know Millie, and a bit of pink



Today was spent stitching out computerized block patterns that come with my Quilt Path software. Thanks to my sister for giving me a quilt top to experiment on! It will be a charity quilt when I get the binding on.


Feathered wreath

Cool box pattern
More ornate leaf wreath

Mr Wazoo spent Sunday basting a quilt for a customer, trying to get used to the bigger machine,


He finished this Christmas quilt before that.

Panto: Holly Berries
Mr Wazoo was gone most of the day, helping a new longarm owner get started with her machine. I managed to get the next pile of half- square triangles made for the quilt I'm working on. Maybe I'll get some blocks made next Sunday.

These are the squares I cut out last weekend
These are the HSTs that will make up the next round of blocks on my quilt.
Now, I have to get my stuff ready for the guild meeting tomorrow. We're having the annual 'yard sale' , or trash to treasure sale. I plan to resist buying too much...new machine, new computer, one tortured conscience. We'll see what happens. Wednesday, I'm off to North Carolina for a two day class about what the certified judging course entails, complete with a mock judging. Right up my alley. I have wanted to pursue this, but I fear it takes so long, I'll be too old to do any judging when I'm done!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.