Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Where did January go?!



The older I get, the faster the time seems to fly by. January sure blew past me in a hurry! Here at the end of the month, I'm getting a bit nervous regarding the quilt show in September. We have a meeting again today, and my co-chair and I need to light the fire under the committee chairs. Tick, tick, tick...
Meanwhile, we stay busy in the studio, quilting every day and never running out of things to do. The quilt for the fire victims in Tennessee is quilted and ready for binding. I made the binding and will get it applied later today.
A simple Boxed Square pattern, with sashing to make it bigger.

Panto: Swirl and Twirl

On the back, a shabby chic floral print.

Mr Wazoo quilted this 'worldly' project for a grown son who loves maps.

The customer chose the panto Primrose swirl, which, despite the name, is very manly.



We both have quilts on our frames, and will finish them up today. I quilted the center of this one, and have the borders left to finish after the meeting.

It is a scrappy Jacob's Ladder variation. Really pretty!

The man is working this shabby chic quilt. I love the fabrics, but the camera doesn't get the colors right. What's that about? They are much prettier in person.

On sewing Sunday, I made some of the bits for the border of one of my UFOs. I have had the center of the quilt finished for months, but got tripped up on the border. Thanks to Freddy Moran and her Collaborative Quilting book, I found the border I like! Its a wonderful book, full of ideas from what she calls 'the workshop'. She and Gwen Marston have written two books together with all sorts of idea for designing your own quilt from bits and pieces. I love them!!
Chain piecing is the only way to go for me!!
I finished one set, and have the alternate set ready to go.
Mr Wazoo helped me by turning the Dresden plates for the customer commission I'm doing. I have twenty more to turn, then I can start the applique.
On the right, turned...on the left, not.
On a happy note...6:00pm and not dark! The days are getting longer.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.