Friday, March 3, 2017

Stuff I can't show you...yet

It has been quiet on Wazoo Newsbits this week because I have been working on a secret project for the upcoming retreat talent show. I am very certain now that making this secret object is not my talent! I am pretty funny, though, so I think the ladies will overlook the slip-shod workmanship and find my presentation humorous.
Meanwhile, Mr Wazoo has been busy quilting, and getting things done before we go to Texas later this month. We're going down to visit my Dad and my sister for a few days. Its always a fun trip.
Here are a couple of the quilts he has been finishing up.



I l-o-v-e this quilt pattern!!!I haven't figured out how to make it,
but the quilter says she will give me the pattern. Oh, yeah!!

Panto: Vertigo

Ooh la la! Bright backing, too

Next, he quilted this pretty split nine patch

Panto: Popcorn
I did get this Comfort Quilt for my guild done. I finished the binding last night, and it is ready to snuggle with.
The blocks are scrappy-happy, all with green centers.

Digital panto: Dancing Daisies

The backing and binding are a sweet print, and oh so soft.
While I was working on my top secret project, I did take a break to get this absolutely fabulous scrappy reproduction quilt loaded and ready to quilt. It is a custom job, and will take some time to do. I'm excited to get started, even if it is only to stitch in the ditch. Gotta start with the dull stuff before the fun part begins!

While I was loading it, I noticed how perfect the piecing is.
Impressive  for such a large quilt.
I'm loving the assortment of neutrals!
Tomorrow, I have to get my class samples ready for my two classes at the retreat. That shouldn't take all day, so I'm hoping to get started on the reproduction quilt. We'll see how it goes.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.