Monday, August 21, 2017

Eclipse day!

Today is the day we will see the total eclipse! Mr Wazoo is wearing his eclipse shirt (a no brainer for his birthday tomorrow...) and we are ready with our special glasses and shoebox camera obscura. Now we wait... I will tell about it tomorrow.
As for yesterday, I finished the first of two tee shirt quilts for the same customer.

All quilted and ready for binding.

Our go-to tee shirt panto: Dazzle

Soft brushed plaid on the back
The binding is the same fabric as the sashing. I sewed it down last night, and the quilt is finished! I worked on the second quilt most of the day yesterday, getting the shirts cut and arranged on the design wall. These tees have much smaller designs on them, and made for smaller blocks. I will make up the size with the sashing and borders.I'll be doing that when we're not 'eclipsing'!

Another Florida State fan
Mr W worked yesterday, as well, and finished the quilting on this autumnal colored quilt. Good job!
Another quilt where the border measuring was dubious. Mr W had me straighten out and baste every row. No pleats or tucks in the quilt, so we did a good job. People!! Measure for your borders! It will make the quilting go so much smoother if you do.

Three borders. The quilt was two inches bigger at the top and bottom than it was in the middle!

Mr W did an outstanding job with the difficult panto: Autumn oaks. Those acorns are tough to hand guide the machine around!
Well, I had better get moving and get something done before the eclipse-mania starts. Until later...be safe, and enjoy the event.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.