Monday, August 28, 2017

Sunday sewing


We quilted yesterday, and I made my 20 chickens. It was a good day!
I quilted this adorable wiener dog quilt

I especially like this one with glasses!!

Panto: African Samba

Mr Wazoo did this reversible flannel quilt

Panto: Small Splat

The back is the reverse of the front.

I also made a couple of large blocks to use for throw pillows for the boutique.
I had left over strips from another project.

Bag of chickens, ready to turn and stuff.
Tonight, I will sew the openings shut and add beads for eyes.
I used fabrics from my scrap bag. I have great scraps!
Off to the studio!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE those chickens! I keep saying I'm going to make some, but I never get around to it. They are the cutest things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Enjoy your visit with your niece...the tea looks yummy.

      Delete
  2. How big are your chickens? I think I will make a bunch for Christmas presents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started with 5 1/2 inch squares. 1 1/4 inch square for the beak and a 1 x 2 inch piece for the comb. I cut it into shape after sewing up the chicken. The tail is a 3 1/2 inch square, folded into a prairie point. I hope that helps.

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.