Sunday, August 20, 2017

Tee shirt quilts

I haven't posted lately because I think its boring to look at tee shirts being prepped for a quilt. I cut the front and back apart, remove the sleeves and neck, back them with fusible interfacing, then trim them straight. One all that is done, I play on the design wall, trying to get a pleasing configuration using all the shirts.

Experimenting with placement
Once I get them in a nice balance, I cut some sashing and start sewing the bits together like a big puzzle. I sew the shirts in columns, trying to keep the width of each column consistent. Here they are sewn together.
I didn't add vertical sashing because the quilt was already as large as it could be without borders.
Then, after measuring the center part, I added small borders to bring it to the size requested by the customer. I just need to make the back, quilt it and add binding!

Top done!
Meanwhile, I quilted this quilt of valor on the computerized machine. Mr W was happy to see me do this one, as stars are really hard to do on the hand guided machine.

Panto: Simply stars

I had some trouble with little dots of bearding on the back.I don't know what the cause was, but it drives me nuts!!
Mr Wazoo worked in his man cave, and finished this pretty quilt made from vintage blocks inherited from the customer's Grandmother. She is giving it to her daughter.
The blocks are all hand pieced

Panto: Feathers and flowers

The sashing and backing are perfect for this sweet quilt
I got another small quilt done, too. One for a favorite customer of mine. These quilts go to her missionary effort at her church.
I have this fabric, too! I love fabrics with people on them.

Trains on the back

Panto: Paper dolls

At the end of the day, I'm in my happy place.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.