Thursday, September 7, 2017

Sometimes its good to change direction

While quilting customer projects, I have diverted my attention to making things for the boutique. Today, I made 24 'Drool catchers'. They are bibs for babies that are meant to be worn over their clothes to catch the oodles of drool. I saw the pattern on line, and knew I had to make them. Tomorrow, I will make the matching 'Binkie keepers'. (they are mitten clips that attach to an elastic with a loop at the end to keep the baby's binkie attached to her clothes) I got the bib pattern free from the blog Stitched In Color. Her baby is so cute wearing the droll catcher!
This is a picture from Stitched in Color of a beautiful baby wearing her 'Drool catcher', or bandana bib.


I should have mine all done tomorrow and have pictures to show you.
I also worked on the two throw pillows. And...I quilted some fabric to make into placemats for my binding demo during the show. Pictures of all my finished boutique items tomorrow!
Here is what I did in the time spent actually working! I quilted matching baby quilts with an allover meander requested by the customer. I love the color combination.

The quilts are both for boys



After finishing those, I quilted this elegant quilt.

Beautiful reproduction fabrics.


I used an equally elegant feathered panto for the quilting.
Every day brings diverse projects for us to work on, and even though I changed direction a bit these last couple of days, I am still true to my passion...quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.