Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Halloween is coming!




Today, we got right back to work and finishing some autumn projects. I left the scarecrow door hanging on the design wall while we went to Texas, so today I added the sleeve and binding and finished it! It looks festive on the studio door.


Mr Wazoo was busy in the man cave, doing the panto Flower Festival on the center portion of this quilt. Then, he re-pinned it to the big Gammill for me to finish the custom work in the borders tomorrow.


I had Halloween on my to-do list. First, I added borders to this skeleton panel and quickly quilted it with the APQS digital panto: Spiderweb. The backing was a bargain somewhere years ago, and perfect for this project.

The small border is little skeletons frolicking around. I've had that fabric for twenty years or more. 

Here is the quilting.

My $2 a yard backing.

Next, I had a special request from a customer to have her Halloween quilt done for the grandkids. Thank goodness we still have the big Gammill! I quilted it with the paper panto: Gossamer, which looks like spiderwebs! This one really glows in the dark. I took it into the small bathroom in the studio, and it didn't disappoint. Lookie, Cookie!

Here's the quilt in the light


Gossamer is a good panto for Halloween
He's creepy and he's spooky...
he's altogether ooky!
The eyeballs fabric glowed, too!!

We had a fun day without too many interruptions, and that put us back on track with the quilts in the queue. Mr W will be on the road tomorrow to visit his mother. I'll be here quilting and enjoying the cool weather outside.
 Here is a last look at my Dad on his 95th birthday, and the rest of the motley crew who were there to celebrate with him. I hope I am as healthy and spry when I'm 95!! I know I'll be quilting...

My Dad
Dad, my sister in law, my brother, me and Mr W






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.