Thursday, October 12, 2017

Odds and Ends

I worked all day in the studio, finishing up things and getting my act together for the program I'm doing next week in Texas. I finished the African quilt, and just need to give it a short spin in the wash before taking it to Texas for its debut.
Bound and done!
Next, I quilted this bee themed quilt with a new pantograph called Honeycomb. The quilt is so busy, it is hard to see the pattern very well.

This collection has some very nice patterns and colors in it.

Hexagons on hexagons!

A look at the backing.
At the show, I had done a demo of an easy quilt. I still hadn't finished it, so I sewed the rows together and got it quilted today, too. My new foot for binding on the Bernina (foot 10D) is wonderful for quickly finishing up charity quilts!! It took less than half an hour to apply and sew down the binding on this quilt!

I used quite a few fabrics from  my cowboy stash

Panto: Simply Stars

I've had this backing fabric for eons. I'm glad to finally have a quilt to use it on! Notice the binding? Looking good!
I had just enough time before quitting, that I was able to put together the door panel I bought at the local shop. Good thing I got around to it before winter arrives!! ha ha I'll get the sleeve and binding on tomorrow.

I had the crow fabric for the border in my stash. I'm afraid this will be the last project for that fabric...there is very little left. 

The quilting design is called Twinkling Leaves. I have never seen a leaf twinkle, have you?

Backing from the stash, too.
With the quilting and trimming done, I was through in the studio for the day. Some more squares appliqued on the big polyester after supper, and I'll be happy. Bye for now!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.