Thursday, November 30, 2017

26 Days Left...

I feel time nipping at my heels. When I look at the calendar, it is almost December!! How did that happen? Get busy, Susan!!
Mr Wazoo worked outside most of the day since he quilted yesterday. I was gone most of the day at quilt guild. We had a Quilt of Valor ceremony for a man who was in Viet Nam the same time as my brother. He was touched by the presentation and truly appreciated the quilt. It was a lovely ceremony.
When I got home, I worked on the custom quilt for a while and then had a nice evening with the man of the house.
Today, I went crazy quilting! While I worked on the custom project, the APQS  rattled along, helping me finish three nursing home quilts.

This Irish chain is perfect for a man

Many of the fabrics had stars, so I quilted it with stars!

The back is a soft flannel

This candy cane quilt is pretty!

I quilted it with a generic panto that looks like egg and dart.


This one has flowers and ladies on it.

So I used a frilly feathered panto.

You can see it better on the back.
While these were being quilted, I finally finished the other quilt. I didn't realize how late it had become until my stomach growled in protest of not having any lunch. I had powered through the entire day to get the project done. We'll have to figure out where to send it because the quiltmaker is surely in Florida by now.  She sent it from Michigan a few months ago. That's how behind I am...

Somebody is getting this for Christmas!






Kind of a surprising back, but I like it.
Tomorrow, I'll be on to other things and trying to get caught up enough to enjoy decorating the house. Here is where we are...

Lights on...decorations at the ready.
Before I go to bed, I have to show you why I love my Molly girl. How could I ever be sad with this on my pillow when I come out of the bath? I think she knows how cute she is and milks it for treats. Sounds plausible.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.