Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Home alone with a lot to do

Mr Wazoo went off to South Carolina today to see his Mom. She has been feeling poorly, so the doctor paid her a call, and now she's in the hospital with pneumonia. We had planned to see her on Friday when we were set to go to NC and pick up Carolyn, but the man wanted to see her now, so off he went. We will still visit on Friday...just at another location.
Meanwhile, I set to work early and got heaps done! First, I added the binding to a little quilt I quilted yesterday. I didn't take a photo of it finished, but it looks great. You'll have to take my word for it!

Comfort quilt for my Blairsville guild.

Panto: Flower Power

All the fabrics, including the back, are really soothing and sweet.
I added a 4 inch wide border of the gray dotted fabric to the linen and lace quilt, and hope to start quilting it next Monday. Tomorrow, I am taking a day off to relax with friends and have a cookout. Friday, we'll be on the road most of the day, and Saturday I will be cooking  our Thanksgiving dinner. Sunday, we have to take Carolyn back to NC. Both of us will be back to work on Monday. We have Christmas deadline quilting to do, as well as making a customer tee shirt quilt. Very busy holiday!
My daughter wants a queen size quilt for Christmas, so I spent some time today cutting and sewing blocks. While the APQS sewed its way through this bear quilt for a customer, I sewed block bits together. 

The polar bear is flannel! And near-sighted!

The customer wanted simple, but modern quilting.

Grunge back shows off the quilting.
Carolyn's quilt is from a tutorial on You tube from Jenny at Missouri Star Quilt Company. Its called 'You've Got Mail'. I made it once before for my grandson and Carolyn really liked it, so the plan is to make another one!

This original quilt lives with my grandson in Arizona



Here are some of the block bits getting ready for sewing.

Here are some more...

And a few even got finished!

No more sewing for a while. After the flurry of holiday meals and visiting we'll be back in the studio. Until then, I wish all of you a happy Thanksgiving. Make sure you give thanks for all your blessings. Ours are abundant, and for that I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.