Monday, November 20, 2017

Linen top done and more quilting

I worked hard yesterday to get the remaining blocks done for the linen and lace quilt, and today, I sewed it together into a top!! Yippee!


The blocks ended up at 15 1/2 inches square. I may add a border to get it to a better queen size for the customer.

These blocks were a booger to make! I hope she likes them...
Once I had linen off my mind, it was time for work. A favorite customer came by today with a scrappy quilt she made in a hurry for a girl newly diagnosed with stage four cancer. The girl is her daughter's best friend. We exchanged pleasantries and I said I would get it done right away. I did. Here it is.

This pretty quilt, made with so much love, it should make her feel better.

The panto is called Feathers Galore

Lots of fun scraps. I love the Eiffel Tower!
Mr Wazoo kept busy in the man cave doing this quilt for another customer. Its a Christmas gift.

The customer made it a patriotic theme for her brother.

Panto: Star Spangled Banner

I also quilted the third of the Christmas gifts made by one of our repeat customers. All of them are huge and all are to have hearts in the quilting. I'll get the binding on tomorrow after our guild board meeting.

Big Red!

Panto: Hearts

Bright starry backing.
With Thanksgiving around the corner, I also need to get the needed supplies for the feast. We'll be traveling on Friday to see Mr W's mom in South Carolina, and then pick up our daughter from Charlotte for a weekend visit. Thanksgiving comes on Saturday here, we'll have turkey with all the trimmings with friends and family. Thursday, I'm thinking a cookout would be the cat's meow!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.