Tuesday, December 5, 2017

19 days left and I'm feeling the pinch

I started early, and finished late. I think this will be the norm until Christmas, which is only 19 days away. Mr W sent off the pre-Christmas goodies to the kids as well as the grandkid's Christmas gifts. Only little Dechen will be here for the holiday. The mail man and the UPS man both had packages for us...more quilts to be done, and the backings for the second tee shirt quilt and Carolyn's quilt.
I worked all day on tee number two, and here are the prepped blocks on the design wall.

Tomorrow, I'll start adding the sashing.
Here is tee number one, all finished and ready for Christmas.


This is a better look at the inner border and the binding.

The backing is cherry Grunge.

Panto: Diamond spiral
Remember the last minute Christmas quilts I took in yesterday? The big one needed 6 inches added to the side so I could get the clamps on. The length was a squeaker, too!! I almost didn't have enough there either. I had one inch to spare!! Please!! Make your backs big enough for the longarm quilters out there. We'll love you for it.

At 107 x 107, this is one big quilt! It really is beautiful. The customer made it in a local quilt shop's block of the month class.

It was so late, I left the trimming to the morning.
Panto: Come dance with me

I started the quilting at ten minutes to 2:00 and finished at 6:15!! Each row took 30 minutes to quilt. Wow! The machine will get a much deserved break tomorrow. The customer will be thrilled to get her quilts back so quickly.
Now, I'm going to vegetate to a Christmas flick and go to bed early. I'm pooped!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.