Friday, December 1, 2017

Nothing to do but sigh and carry on

Yesterday, I worked hard to get the linen and lace quilt quilted so I could move on to the next waiting project. Imagine my despair when I rolled it to the last row and saw this...

I thought I was ready for the last row.
                           

OH NO!!! The row before has several tucks in the backing. How the heck did that happen?!

The tuck extends across the entire back!
I spent over an hour picking out quilting from the back, since the elements on the top are way too fragile to pick at. There is a whole lot to go, but it was 6 PM and I just had to quit. All day, I was fighting a sore throat and losing my voice. (I knew about the latter because I couldn't sing along to the Christmas music playing in the background...) Fixing supper and having a cup of tea with lemon was what I needed, so I quit. Its still there...I have to go back and fix it. Yuk.

Mr Wazoo clicked along in the man cave, finishing his work without incident, and then, sat patiently waiting for me to end my day and get his dinner around.

He finished this quilt a couple of days ago, and it has been mailed to its Texas home.

Panto: Splat

I like this quilt, right down to the lime green backing! My favorite color.

Here is a labyrinth quilt from a Florida customer, going to a son for Christmas.

Panto: Dazzle

Beautiful, wild backing.

This quilt is called  'My favorite things' from the same customer. It will be a Christmas gift, too.

Panto: Modern Twist

Pretty striped backing
I will be back in the studio in a few minutes, grumbling about the amount of picking I have ahead of me, and waiting for another customer to drop off tee shirts for another Christmas project. Hopefully, the linen quilt will be done today, and I can get on with the two tee shirt quilts... Sigh...

Last weekend, I managed to get some more blocks made for my daughter's Christmas present quilt...carrying on is getting difficult!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.