Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Down time

I have been sidelined with the flu bug going around here, and I am not happy. Mr Wazoo had it first, and he is much better now. Hopefully, I’ll be on the mend soon. I am knee deep in quilts on both machines right now, but can only work a few hours before I have to go lay down. One is mine and the other a custom quilt for a customer that has been put off way too long. It should be done next week and be going back to Florida and it’s maker.

Beautiful hand appliqued Hawaiian quilt

My quilt...needs to have some quilting picked out and the borders finished
UPDATE:
Okay, I was so sick when I started this post, I saved it and went to bed. Its now a couple of days later and I am still sick. I do not like having the flu and I am not a happy quilter! Most of the day I am watching You tube quilting videos or sleeping. Today, I went to the studio determined to get something done. I did get one row of the background quilting done on the Hawaiian quilt, and forced myself to finish the borders on the other quilt. A big thank you to Mr Wazoo for picking out the bad stitching for me. Unfortunately, I feel like crap now, and can't wait to go to bed. 
Started and looking good.

Finished, and not looking as good as I would like.

This is a utility quilt, so I'm not too upset about how bad the quilting looks in the borders.

The pieced blocks got a square in a square motif

The plain blocks got a simple flower

It just needs binding. 
The rest of the day was uneventful, except for Mr Wazoo getting his generator. The guys came this morning and put it on the area he had prepared. Now, it needs the gas company to come hook it up.

Mr W and the generator man get the pad leveled and ready.

The other guy unboxed the generator and got it ready to put on the pad.

Voila!! Fits perfectly!

Once its hooked up, we'll never have to worry about losing power again. 
At the end of the day, the sun came out for the first time in a week. The bare trees lit up and the gray clouds moved aside. It may be winter, but the mountains are still beautiful. Sick or not, I still love it here!






1 comment:

  1. Wow, that Hawaiian quilt is really lovely! Brights against black are always so striking.

    I hope you feel better soon! This is a particularly bad and dangerous flu this season, so if you start to get worse I encourage you to go to the doctor.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.