Thursday, January 18, 2018

Snow days are sewing days


I finished the big Hawaiian quilt and sent it off to Florida today.

It is a lovely quilt, but any quilting on black is a challenge.

Hard to see the quilting

Each motif is quilted, and the background echoed



Nice batik on back
Mr Wazoo braved the icy roads to get the quilt to the post office, and also get a well needed haircut! I stayed snug and warm, taking a couple of days to sew for myself. Actually, for a young friend who is expecting twins! She is like family to us, having grown up with my kids. I sent a quilt for her first child, and now, there will be two more added, a boy and a girl. I'm making the girl quilt first. I bought the pattern and fabrics at a shop in Tennessee when I went to pick up my new Bernina last June.

I assembled the fabrics I wanted to use and commenced cutting...

I took a picture of the quilt in the shop as inspiration

I finished one block before quitting for the day, yesterday.

The directions at hand, and the pile of block bits at the ready. 

The quilt top is almost done. I just need the final border. Something to do tomorrow.
Icicles on the car


Long, late afternoon shadows in on the snow.
We're hoping for a warm up in the next couple of days. Until then, the fireplace will be burning and we'll be enjoying some down time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.