Thursday, February 22, 2018

Yup! Quilting always makes things look better!



After quilting the ho-hum project, my mind has changed. I like it! I hope someone will get years of warmth and enjoyment out of it.

All finished, with batik binding

Panto: African samba

A peek at the back and the binding
I took in two vintage quilt tops yesterday from a lady who is a Blairsville native! Her family has been here for generations, and we had a nice chat about her family's history here. One of the great things about my job is meeting people and hearing the stories of the quilts they bring to the studio. Whether its an unfinished top, or a quilt repair, every quilt has a story. I urge all of you to put a label on your quilt! Even a utility quilt may be an heirloom some day. The ho-hum quilt has a label...
I washed the Kaffe Fassett 'what was I thinking' quilt, and it came out soft and gently wrinkled. I like it much better now.

Before washing (with it's binding)
The soft, wrinkly look
The bearding problem on the back solved by washing and drying

Here is what my 'generic' labels look like. I used a solid batik for this one
Now, I'm off to the local quilt shop to get backing for the quilts I took in yesterday. See you later!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.