Friday, March 30, 2018

Kids and quilts

Up early and off to school! Quilt camp went without a hitch, the kids busily sewing up their drawstring backpacks. I like seeing their reaction when the bag is coming along and really looks like a bag! An hour of fun. Everything went smoothly with seven of us  guild ladies to help.
Back at home, Wazoo work began with  mending three blocks and making two new blocks for the antique quilt I took apart yesterday. Once this was done, I sewed the blocks into bigger blocks of four and then rows of five big blocks. Easy peasy. It is loaded on the machine for quilting in the morning.

It sure will be simpler now that the top is flat!
Mr Wazoo spent the day on a new quilter's first project. The top is quite pretty and a good pattern for a beginner. She will surely be pleased with the results.

The colors are very pleasing and soothing

Panto: Small splat

The back is pieced, too, and has some folk-style appliques.
I was also hired to do the binding, so before leaving the studio for the night, I got it sewn on and ready to finish tomorrow. 

Now its time for some supper!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.