Thursday, May 10, 2018

A fruitful day all around

I am so happy today! We now have fiber optic high speed internet out here in the boonies! The computer is so much faster, I can hardly believe it. Woo hoo!
Not much computing going on in the studio...we have been quilting and sewing like crazy people, trying to get the work load reduced a bit.

Mr Wazoo quilted this sun-shiny scrap quilt

Panto: Popcorn


I quilted this beauty on the APQS while doing some sewing to finish up a tee shirt quilt.

The fabrics aren't quite shabby chic, but they are soft and pretty.

Panto: Frolic
I did finish the tee shirt quilt top, and got it quilted. It is for the customer who is getting two queen sized quilts so she can have one in each of her homes. I'm all for that!!

Here's the top, ready for quilting.
Here it is, all finished...but for the binding.
Panto: Dazzle

Here is the backing

I have the rows sewn on the lap-quilting project, and I have the first two sewn together. I admire Georgia Bonesteel, but this method is a dud for me...so tedious! I can understand why the customer is having me do it instead of her!
Rows ready to be sewn together.

I made  this charity quilt, and finished it today, too.
Quilted with a medium meander
The back, and the label
Yippee!! I finished the hand sewing on this quilt I have been repairing.
I washed it, and now, it is clean and fresh smelling.

I took a few more photos of the Spring blooms around the yard before quitting for the day. It was a warm enough day to have to close the windows and start the AC. Who knows? With the crazy weather we have been having, tomorrow the windows may be open and we'll be back in the sweatshirts! Quilting, of course!
More beautiful peonies have opened!
These little pink flowers are a surprise.
The seeds must have been in the gravel Mr W put down last fall.
The front garden is starting to fill in nicely.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.