Saturday, May 12, 2018

Charity quilt day.

I started the day with some charity quilting that I had put off because of our busy week. I hate to have these gathering dust when they need them for the nursing home. Now, they're all quilted and bound. I'm also expecting the next two Quilts of Valor from the piecer. Never a dull moment!

Some woman will love this...

it has soft flannel on the back!

Another pretty quilt for a lady

Panto: Flower Power

My third finish was this kaleidoscope quilt. I wrestled with the wavy borders, but it turned out well in the end. There are at least four more from this customer, so I am going to look harder for border wonkies before I load them on the machine! It is much easier to fix a border  than to adjust it while quilting.

I sense a purple theme going on today. 

Panto: Dragonflies

More purple!

I was working on the lap quilt project and stuck myself with a pin. I didn't realize it, but I had dripped blood on two places!! After some serious spot removal manipulation, the quilt is back to normal and air drying. I'll carefully tackle it tomorrow.
I finished the binding on the tee shirt quilt, too, and hope the customer likes both of the quilts I made for her.

All done!
We are enjoying beautiful weather here, and entertained our friends on the front porch with hamburgers hot off the grill. Birds were singing, the sun was setting and the conversation was easy and fun. Life is so good!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.