Saturday, May 19, 2018

Long time, no post!!

Good golly! Has it really been six days since I posted something? Why yes it has. I have been so busy this week, I forgot to blog. Let's fix that now.
I finally finished the lap quilting project, and it went home today. Started in the 1980s and finished in 2018!! Better done than in a drawer.
All done, with the 30s blue for the binding.

Looks great!
Mr Wazoo has taken a couple of days away from the yard to help catch up on the quilting queue. Fortunately it has been dark and rainy, so he hasn't complained.

perky green pinwheels


Panto: Popcorn

another baby quilt


Panto: Modern twist

I love this froggy panel!


Panto: Drip!

This paisley squares quilt took Mr W a long time...he had to use Roxanne's  appliqué glue to hold down the sides of all those squares! The customer sewed them down with a straight stitch 1/4 inch from their edges.

Panto: Paisley


Our first Christmas quilt for 2018!

Quilted with the panto, Holly Ribbon.

The customer pieced the back, too.
I quilted a few of the pieces in the queue, as well, and we are beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel for pantographs. I think there are 15 left to do. Of course, I have some custom quilts that have been hanging on the rack for a long time. I hope to get them done, and drop that part of the business. I like the tee shirt quilt making, repairing old quilts, and commissions. I like to sew and have some time to do quilts I want to make. I hope I'm getting there.

A nice Mini-trip quilt

The panto is Swan's Journey, but its hard to see.

A cute bug and flower panel

Panto: Butterfly swirl


The photo doesn't do this quilt justice. The colors are deep and rich.

Panto: Trellis Roses


This collection is called Anne of Green Gables

Panto: Feather Flourish


Only in a nightmare would I expect to have to fix and quilt another double knit polyester quilt. This one made of all hexagons from old pantsuits.

The customer wanted to have it finished just where Grandma left off, so it is a "free-form" shaped quilt with a vintage sheet for backing. I made bias binding and hand sewed it while watching TV. 
The weirdly shaped polyester quilt. Binding finished!


I also quilted this shadow illusion quilt.

I used the Butterflies and Blooms panto again.

Groovy backing!
After work, I stopped to take a couple of pictures in the light rain of Mr Wazoo's gardens. It is so calming to see the greenery in the gloom of a rainy day.
More to come tomorrow!

The back door planters will be pink this year!

So will the blue pot.

We picked up this fun hummingbird feeder at a small shop in town. 

Lovely purple clematis.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.