Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Finished! ...Ouch!

I couldn't help myself... I had to get that customer quilt done and off the machine. So, in little bursts, I finished the borders and did just that. And boy, does my arm hurt. Oh well, I will rest it again tomorrow while sewing the next customer quilt in the line of five- for -siblings. Remember those? I have to make two more and then, I will be finished with that task. While you figure out what the heck I'm talking about, here is the finished quilt that had  the wavy borders.

It really is a beautiful quilt. I would love this on my guest bed!

Quilting in the body of the quilt is fairly simple.
Circles, lines and feather wreaths.

The borders are a different story. Free hand quilted with flowers, feathers, leaves and swirls.
Then, outside the stem, they have piano keys, too.


Sucking in the fullness with quilting.

Corner detail

The backing really hides the quilting...too bad.
I took in a couple of quilts as well as another repair job. The customer has had this quilt her entire life and wants it to last another 50 years. Just a bit of TLC and it will be good as new!

So simple, but so modern for a quilt made in the 1930s! The quilter was an artist ahead of her time.

It needs new binding desperately.
(yes...the African quilt is still under there...I'm getting to it next)

A big rip here...

a little rip here.
I'll get to it after the trip around the world quilt I am currently working on. There are a couple of other repairs in the cabinet, too. Hand work for many evenings listening to murder mysteries on TV.
When I finished for the day, I walked around the house to see what Mr Wazoo has been up to. He put in a screen in front of the generator, planted some shrubs there, paved around it with slate, added a small hosta garden on the slope above it, and potted up some ornamental grasses as an accent. He also weeded the gardens and mowed the lawn! Whew!! It all looks fabulous. He's a keeper!



The roses smell heavenly




The front garden













No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.