Friday, June 29, 2018

Getting back into the swing

Today started with icing my foot so I could stand long enough to quilt something. Somehow, I hurt my foot about a month ago and it just keeps hurting. My daughter the PA thinks I have a bone spur on my heel. I really need to get it looked at...really...
Once it was frozen enough, it was off to work!
First, I put the last border on the antique blocks quilt. I found some fabric a customer gave me that her grandma had stored away before she died. (People gift me all sorts of fun sewing and quilting things) Its a full 45 inches wide. The stickers I found on the fabric every yard will tell you just how ancient it is!! And yet, it is clean and doesn't stink!! HA! What a coup. Six yards. Just enough to use for the backing. I didn't think to take a picture of it, drat! You'll see it later when the quilting is done.

Lining up the stripes to match on the borders

The quilt top, all finished!!

I'd love to find this on fabric now, wouldn't you!?
On the Wisconsin shop hop, I bought this sweet panel and some of the coordinating fabrics. While the computer chugged away on a Quilt of Valor, I made this little quilt for our guild outreach group.

Once again, I needed to cut the fabric carefully so the print went the right direction on the borders.I love the panel.
At the same time as the sewing, I quilted the first of two Quilts of Valor that came in while I was gone. I do two a month for the national organization.

I was a bit confused to see this when I opened the package, but I quilted it.

Panto: Star Swirl

Well, the back is blue...
The second QOV is loaded for tomorrow, and I got out another shop hop purchase to sew while quilting it. I got the project at one of the shops on sale because it was the quilt for the hop two years ago! I don't care...I liked it better than this year's quilt. It should be fun to make. Stay tuned!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.