Thursday, June 28, 2018

Home from Wisconsin

I haven't had my computer up and running for a few days, so this blog post is a bit tardy. Last time I posted, I had finished the shop hop and was off to Madison to visit my daughter. The drum and bugle corps was rained out, so we went to my son's to visit, share a pizza and play with little Dechen.
The next day, we were off to Green Bay with my high school chum, Georgia, and ready for adventure. We had tickets to the Hall of Fame, and the Legends tour at Lambeau Field! The stadium has been upgraded and is now the destination  to see for Packer fans everywhere.
In the evening, we all went to the James Taylor/Bonnie Raitt concert at the Resch Center next door to the stadium. They were fabulous! Over three hours of music shared with fans who couldn't get enough. Three (or was it four?) encores later we walked to the Hinterland Beer pub and lifted a glass to good friends and good times.
Next day we were on the road through the beautiful countryside to visit my friend from Florida on her farm. She has made a lovely home for her husband and two dogs, and does all the things proper country ladies should do. We went away with homemade jam and jelly, some nut bread and a Brynwood Needleworks pin cushion! Wowser!
I listened to  an audible book on the way back to Georgia, and caught up on my Number One Ladies Detective Agency series. I rolled in at 11:30, unloaded the car, and laid down for a quick nap. I didn't make it to the guild luncheon...I slept until 4:00, missing the whole afternoon.
I'm sufficiently recovered from my journey, and returned to work today, finishing a repair for an anxious customer, and storing away all my acquisitions from the shop hop. At day's end, I sewed a bit on the antique blocks quilt, sewing the blocks together and adding three of the the borders. I'll finish the top tomorrow afternoon.
There it is...my vacation. I made a little slide show of Green Bay and my friend Donna's farm. I'll be back to quilts tomorrow!! It's good to be home.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Digital slideshow customized with Smilebox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.