Sunday, July 8, 2018

A Perfect Weekend!

We were pleased as punch to have our daughter come for the weekend to visit. Fortunately, I was well along on the two big quilts on the frames, so I could take some time to enjoy her company. We binge watched a series on Amazon, had a nice cook-out (thank you, Mr Wazoo!), and spent some time rocking on the porch and chatting about life. I wish all my kids lived closer, but I am happy to see them when I can.
Meanwhile, in the work-a-day world, I finished the pillowcase quilt and it went home this afternoon. Turns out, I got the story a bit mixed up. The quilt is for the quilter's sister in law and her husband for their 50th wedding anniversary. The sister in law's Aunt made the pillowcases. It will be a lovely gift to remember her by.

There were 27 embroidered blocks

I used several different fill patterns in the blocks.

Border quilting









The back was pieced with the fabrics from the block frames.

While I custom quilted the pillowcase project, my Millie quilted the other quilt for an art quilter friend. I think she designed the blocks and their unorthodox placement and colors. I had a dickens of a time coming up with a pantograph that looked good on the design. The one I settled on is called Radio Waves. I was trying to mimic the zig-zag kind of pattern in the blocks. The customer didn't want the quilting to be too tight, so I think this will satisfy her. I hope so. This is one of the oddest projects I have worked on.

I think the blocks kind of look like sailboats.

Just one block has a blue 'sail'.

The Radio Wave panto shows well on the back, white Grunge fabric.
The weekend is over and I have my stuff ready for my second Scan and Cut machine class tomorrow. I haven't had a moment to practice or study the booklet since the last class, so I hope I don't look like a dope in class! 
Mr Wazoo had the weekend off and worked in the yard as well as washing his truck. My daughter commented on how tan he is and how my side of the family is on the opposite end of the tanning spectrum. We are really fair, and burn rather than tan. She put her arm next to his and we all had a good laugh. Ah...family.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.