Friday, July 13, 2018

All kinds of fun!

What a week! Meeting, sewing group, class...and tonight, Bullwinkle! Our friends need to be out of town tomorrow, so we are dog sitting Molly's best friend, Bullwinkle, or Winkie for short. Everything was going fine until Mr Wazoo opened the door and out went the moose! Its a good thing he is old and doesn't run very fast,(the dog...not Mr W), because the two of us are pitiful at chasing dogs. I managed to catch up with him in the back yard, and corralled him into the screen porch. It wouldn't look good to lose Winkie less the an hour after he was trusted to our care.  We'll be fine as long as we keep an eye on him when going out.

Bullwinkle sizing up his dinner.

When I wasn't running around and going to events, I quilted the charity project from Tuesday's sewing group. I made the binding yesterday and got it sewn on, and the quilt finished.

An Eleanor Burns pattern, Candy Cane Lane, it was fairly simple to sew. I made a mistake in the placement of a couple of blocks, but didn't want to take the quilt apart to fix it. My 'Amish humility'. I also added a flower in each corner.

The panto is a new one...Posey something-or-other. I forget.

Fences and bunnies on the back. The binding is pink polka dots. I don't have a picture with the binding on.
I loaded up one of the vintage tops from one of  my customers, and began the Baptist fan quilting before quitting for the night..
Hmmm...there's that photo-bombing pup Molly, too.
During the day trip to Dahlonega I purchased a panel of woodsy pictures and some sale room fabric for alternate blocks. I am going to make a masculine type quilt for the nursing home.

The blocks and a stack of fabric for the other blocks.
A late delivery arrived last evening, when we finally got the batting orders from last week. I swear, they brought the Hobbs order by bicycle!! It took 10 days to arrive from Texas. The Quilter's Dream came in three days from Virginia. All put away and ready for use.

QD packaged batts

Cartons of Hobbs.
Mr W was indoors yesterday due to the heat, and finished this cute quilt for a lucky granddaughter.

The customer made up the pattern herself! Very nice!

Backed with one of the coordinating fabrics from the quilt.

Panto: Flower Festival
On the trip to Cumming, we stopped in at a nursery and brought home two hydrangea, two azalea and two creepers with pretty blue flowers. Hubby got them in the ground and watered before supper. The yard is looking wonderful, and the little garden plots are producing veg for our plates!

The hydrangea are next to the post we got in Oregon. The smaller shrubs with white flowers are a new strain of azalea that blooms three times a year!! I hope they survive there.

The front rock garden.

Mr W also stained the sunny side of the house last week. It looks much better.

Loads of tomatoes coming on all at once! Only a couple are turning red. We're having them tonight along with a good sized cucumber. We have eaten cucumbers for a couple of days now.

One pepper. I don't know why we only have one.

Green beans peeking through the foliage. Last night we picked enough to have new potatoes and green beans in white sauce for supper. We also had sweet corn. I love summer fresh vegetables!

We call these the Charlie Brown tomato plants. We got them free at customer appreciation day at our bank. Each has one little tomato!
Zoom ahead to today, and the vintage quilt is done. I also sewed the binding on the quilt, but didn't get a photo. Mr Wazoo quilted a pretty and colorful quilt while I was off at a meeting.

Vintage quilt number one!

Baptist fan quilting. This quilt was a challenge due to the excess fabric in every block.

Bleached muslin for the back.

Beautiful Fossil Fern quilt

Panto: Bubbles

Polka dot backing.
After the trip to Cumming, I snapped a photo of my new car with its official license plate! We are Wazoo for you!



My car is now official! My Wazoo tag looks right at home there.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.