Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Featured speaker Andi Barney

Guild yesterday was more fun than I have had in a long time! First, I got to sit, eat cookies and observe the new president try to read bad handwriting instead of me doing it. What a joy to be finished with my term as president. I'm doing programs and workshops now, as well as co-chairing the Quiltfest in 2019. Oh yes...back to guild.
The presenter was a dynamo gal from Red Hen quilt shop in Marietta, Andi Barney. Andi gave a wonderful slide presentation of modern quilts and the explained the movement in the quilting world, as well as a trunk show of her quilts and quilts from the shop! What better way to spend a Tuesday afternoon?

Don't get confused...Andi isn't in most of my pictures. These are guild volunteers holding the quilts.
                                       

The range of design in Andi's work is interesting. She revealed that she loves the color gray...

I noticed a lot of lime green, too. My favorite color!

This one is still a flimsy. I have quilted a couple of these quilts for customers and they all look different.

Yummy collection of fabrics in the blocks




I like this, but it has too many hexies for me to even think about making!

Snow dyed fabric in this wholecloth.

The sewing machines are too cute!! And lime green!!


Andi is the one with the bright green hair. Most of the pictures don't have her in them.



  
Curved edge nine patches.

The rest of the quilts shown were shop samples, so I sat down and enjoyed the show. These in my blog are Andi's quilts.
After guild, I went home to find Mr Wazoo hard at work on this quilt. He finished it just after I arrived. Today, he traveled to South Carolina to visit his mother. It was a quiet day of blanching and freezing green beans from the garden and catching up on office work.
The big Kaffe Fassett quilt from our bed is in the wash, so I had to switch to the more traditional one. Dig my sweet bear pillow cases! We love them even though they don't match anything. Egads, I have no style what so ever!!

Adding color to the man cave is this customer beauty

Panto: Trailing Vine

Well, I guess you can't see it on the back either.

Bedtime at the Slatons.
When your bed starts to smell like a dog...wash the linens!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.