Saturday, July 21, 2018

Foot progress and work

I finally went to the podiatrist and I have bone spurs. I've had a cortisone shot (OUCH!!) and have a splint and compression sock. It feels a little better today, but still hurts when I stand on it.
While I as out and about, Mr Wazoo stayed in and finished these customer quilts before going out to do yard work.

The customer found the panel of Grandma sayings. How cute!!
The baby is due any day now, so she hopes to get the binding done quickly.

Panto, Simply Stars.

This pretty quilt will be a fund raiser. Mr W did Angel Wings panto to complement the dimensional butterflies on the corners.


My friend, Pam is getting a new kitten, so she made this quilt for the breeder as a gift.

The panto is Cat Paw

The back is this cute cat fabric.

Don't think I wasn't busy, too! I finished a repair project, putting the new binding on this nice Irish Chain, and doing the hand sewing. The I ran it through a gentle wash and now it looks like new!!

Binding on. Hand sewing was done later.

All finished!
In the studio, I quilted this modern day Irish Chain. I love the subtle colors.

A touch of purple and dark blue among the grays and taupes just make this quilt sparkle.

Panto: Frolic

Sophisticated backing, too!
Next, I did one of the Quilts of Valor that arrived in the mail. The customer attempted to miter the border corners, and didn't quite succeed. It took some coaxing and stretching to get them to look square. I'll send my border worksheet along when I return the quilt for binding.

This is really big for a QOV! Someone will be able to use it for a bed quilt.

Panto: Simply Strs

Love the back, too.
After finishing the customer jobs, I took a bit time to finish the flimsy I started the other day. I should be able to get it quilted tomorrow.It will be a nice quilt for a male cancer survivor.

I got the panel from the sale bin in a Dahlonega quilt shop. The other fabrics are stash  pieces.
I also had two panels from the Wisconsin shop hop, and I made some blocks, added some borders and voila! Two more man-quilts. One has been quilted, but the other will have to wait.

I bought the border fabric when I bought the panel.

The panto is Woven Wind

I also bought the deer fabric in Wisconsin, and had enough left to make some blocks for the next quilt...the bears panel.



I'll quilt this tomorrow, too, time permitting.
Well, it sure has been a long day. I think I'll get my Kindle, go to bed and read until it hits me in the face. I'll see you in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.