Monday, July 2, 2018

Grandma's day off

After a week away from the studio, and bringing home all those shop hop goodies, I needed a Grandma day. One just for me, doing whatever I wanted to do. So, I did my favorite thing...I made some quilts.
The first thing on the list was the Antique block quilt. I made and applied the binding, as well as labeling it with the story of it's metamorphosis from unrelated blocks made in two different centuries, to a finished quilt. I like it, even with the cut off points and funky 1960s backing.

All done! 

I'm liking the turkey red binding.
I quilted the kid's quilt, too, and made the binding. It turned out so cute! I'm sure some youngster will love it.

Ready to make someone happy.

Quilted with a loose stipple

The bright, cheerful backing and striped binding.
Mr Wazoo spent a couple of hours in the Man Cave today, quilting and muttering until he finally gave up and went out to play. He finished these two small quilts. There is hope for an employee of the month in July. He's already snagged one for June after all the work he did while I was away.

I'm a fan of bow tie quilts, and this cutie makes me smile.

Panto: Check and Chase

Perfect backing, too.

This one is sizzling with hot colors.

Because of the modern vibe, he used the panto Retro leaves.

And a fiery red backing to top it off.

I finished piecing and quilting the Wisconsin quilt kit from Loose Threads in Milton, Wisconsin. It was the last one quilted today! I hope to get the binding on tomorrow. I know exactly where it's going. To our good friends in Door County Wisconsin. It will make a nice couch quilt for the cool Autumn and Winter nights.

This was a fun quilt to make, and I'm pleased with how it turned out.
Oops! I see a photobomber...

All the picture blocks have something to do with Wisconsin.
Panto: Greenery

The backing has Wisconsin things on it, too.
After a perfect day of relaxing quilting, nothing is better than a cuppa and a movie on TV. My traveling buddy from last week sent me a surprise gift of a magnet for the fridge (I collect them) and a Packer sticker for my car. She also recommended tonight's movie, A Walk in the Woods, which had Mr W and I laughing and enjoying the story.  I bought a Wisconsin mug at Starbucks, and enjoyed my first cup of tea from it. I may live in Georgia, but my heart will always be in my home state...Wisconsin!

The magnet with the 100 on it is new. It is the 100th season for the Packers.
Thanks, Georgia!
This is the back of my new cup.

This is my favorite side!!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.