Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Guild day

 If it is the fourth Tuesday...it must be guild day! I never go to guild without a load of bags and stuff to be delivered to customers, outreach groups and friends. Guild is the meeting place where, once a month, we all come together and celebrate our decision to be quilters. I realized the other day that quilting has consumed my life and left little time to pursue other interests. Bad Susan! I haven't played my guitar in ages. I haven't gone on a photo shoot just for fun. I don't sing in a choir. I don't go swimming. All these things are the fiber of who I am. Don't give up the things you enjoy to only follow one path. The world is waiting to be explored and enjoyed...get busy and open your minds and enrich your quilting life with the other things you used to be passionate about. I plan to start today...right after guild.
Meanwhile, I work. Yesterday I finished the bear wall hanging for the new quilter customer. She will be at guild today, joining the group. The quilt is quilted, bound, has a sleeve and a label. Its what I do. Maybe the customer will take a class and learn to do these things for her next quilt. There is a satisfaction in knowing you made it all by yourself.

She did a great job with the bear paw blocks and the arrow straight borders!
Panto: Dazzle

I applied the sleeve and binding, completing the hand sewing while binge watching Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee.

I also added the simple label. Happy Birthday, Mr Hickerson!
I also finished another quilt for the nursing home keeping with the bear theme! That makes three quilts to hand in this month; two for the nursing home, and one for kids. Not bad.

I got the panel in Wisconsin. simple rail fence blocks make it big enough for a lap quilt.

I did a big meander for the quilting.


The backing and binding are this nice plaid.
Bound and ready to go!
The quilt for a kid.
The deer panel quilt.

Mr Wazoo has been dividing his time between quilting and yard management, and he gets it all done. The flowers are blooming like mad, the vegetables are producing and the quilting is getting finished. What a guy!
The latest finish for Mr W.
I hate to have our boxes of junk in the background...one day, I need to sort through it and purge!
Panto: Primrose Swirl
I finished this pretty Autumn wall hanging for a customer who is way more organized than I am! She is thinking ahead and finishing projects for her Fall decorations!
This is a lovely panel, surrounded by pieced maple leaves.
Panto: Twinkling Pumpkins. (do pumpkins really twinkle?!)
I love this backing, too.

This week I learned that two of my favorite cyber-quilters are having serious health issues. It is sobering news because these women are my age and are way more active than I am. I follow Linda Rotz-Miller on Flickr, and Exuberant Color on Bloglovin. Both are inspirational quilters who have brilliant insight when it comes to designing and making quilts. I hope they  have a speedy recovery and get back to quilting soon. And for you, dear reader, stay healthy and don't sweat the small stuff. Life is short...do what you love while you can.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.