Saturday, July 28, 2018

Saturday quilt marathon


 Mr Wazoo spent the day digging and planting and generally having a good time outdoors. It was a perfect day for it, sunny and mild. Molly and I stopped to say hello on the way to the studio.

Coneflowers enjoying the sun

Digging holes for his new shrubs, Mr W is in his element.

I wanted a nice picture of the glorious hydrangea, and then I spied this...

What the heck?! These leaf bugs are everywhere!!

Molly and I left him to it, and began our day in the studio.

First, I loaded a comfort quilt for the guild, and started quilting it while I made the binding for the giant quilt from yesterday. The one thing I like about the APQS, is that once I have the quilt loaded and the settings entered into the computer properly, it can do a row without me looking at it every second. This gives me a few moments to sew while the row is being quilted. I sewed the blocks from yesterday, and put them on the design wall. I'll tackle the rest of the sewing later. It is a free pattern called Belle Wave.

Blocks on the wall. I tried a gray background...I'm not sure I like it. It looks a bit dingy.

Yikes! This quilt is big and the binding process looked like a quilt volcano on my sewing table.
I finished the comfort quilt and went on full speed to quilt three smaller charity quilts. One has been bound, and I will do the other ones )and the comfort quilt) tomorrow.

Comfort quilt.
Made by guild members for a member who is having a n especially difficult time with their life.
Its a hug every time they wrap up in the quilt.

Panto: Flower Power

The binding is the same fabric as the back. I'll do that tomorrow.
Charity quilt number one is bound and ready to go!
Panto: Woven Wind
Charity quilt number two. Clever crayons!
Simple meandering quilting
Charity quilt number three with tropical fish


It's easier to see the fishy panto on the back.
Big quilt...done!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.