Sunday, July 15, 2018

Weekend quilting and some homework

My last Scan and Cut class is tomorrow, so I took some time, made a giant mess, and made some progress on the wall hanging project for class.

Finding a surface in the studio with enough room for using the machine was the first challenge.

Tracing, pressing on the fusibles and getting the fabric pieces rough cut took a long time.
I hope to get better with practice.

I did get the three backgrounds cut and their snow-base cut and applied.
The stack of fused fabric next to the snowmen is for tomorrow.I scanned all the parts in, and will do the cutting in class.

All the fusing for the top picture is finished. Sewing and embellishment come later.

The studio (and especially the cutting table) is a huge mess. I'll have to tackle it after class tomorrow.
The second vintage quilt project is done, and the third one (table runner) is quilted, but not bound.

Number one is bound and ready!

Number two, quilted and bound, as well.


Same Baptist fan, per customer's wishes.
The third project was small, so it went along quickly, just before quitting for the day. I had an extra square, so I made a little table topper to go with the runner. I know they'll like it.

Our guest, Bullwinkle, beat Molly to the punch with his photobomb.

He has behaved perfectly. What a good dog!

Panto, Orange Peel

I gave the runner a vintage looking floral backing.

Here's the extra square, with a simple feathered wreath for the quilting.
Not to be out done, Mr Wazoo quilted up a storm in the man cave. He has kept a steady pace with the quilts we have taken in last week. Every day he quilts, then does some yard work. He's a happy camper.
A pretty BQ combination of color and patterns.
Panto: Wandering Daisies

Backed with love!
Winkie's humans came home and picked him up. It was nice to have him here for a while. Molly and Winkie get along fine, so having him here when his owners need to go away is a no brainer. And besides, who could not like this face? Not me!

Bullwinkle


Friends


Molly curled up on Mr W's chair for a snooze after all the excitement.
She's a good dog, too!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.