Friday, August 24, 2018

A bad finish to a good day




We'll start with a high note...yesterday we quilted, and finished three quilts. Mr Wazoo did the work on this shabby chic quilt that I absolutely love. I need to finish my two projects in progress and then, make one of these. So sweet and pretty.

I love the fabrics, I love the pattern and I love the finished quilt!

Panto: Ribbon roses

The backing is also a nice floral

I worked on a UFO of mine that has been in my cabinet for ten years! I finally decided to just quilt it and get it into circulation on the guest bed.

I made this simple quilt top and then put it away. I have some blue floral fabric for the binding, and I'll get to it on over the weekend.
Panto: Dancing Daisies
Nice backing from the sale room at my local quilt shop.

After getting my quilt off the frame, I loaded another thirties themed quilt for a customer. This one also got a floral pantograph.
Soft and colorful
Panto: Polka Dot Posies
A backing just as wonderful as mine!

Today, I was meant to be in the studio, but my friends were going to Chattanooga to the Bernina store, where they were having a huge sale on backing fabrics and other supplies. I needed some wide backing fabric for a couple of customer quilts I'm making, so I tagged along and scored big! I got 6 cones of Omni thread and over 20 yards of 108" wide backing fabrics for $219!! Yup, a big score, for sure!  On the way home, we stopped in Ooltewah, TN and I bought some shabby chic fat quarters to try my hand at the quilt
Mr Wazoo just did. We were home by 6:30.
Molly came bolting out of the house and down the back steps, so excited to see me, and caught her toenail in the crack between the boards on the step and tore it completely out of her toe. Yikes!! She went nuts, running back into the house, around the living room and into her box, leaving a blood trail everywhere. I scooped her up and ran cold water over her foot, then put a cool, wet compress on the foot while trying to see what she had done to make it  bleed like that. When I didn't see a toenail where the bleeding was gushing from, I realized she had torn it out. I held pressure on the wound while Mr W got the First Aid kit and then I put a pressure dressing on it and bundled her into the car for the ride to Blue Ridge Emergency Animal Hospital 22 miles away. She was such a good girl for the ride there, the treatment of her foot and the ride home. Pain drugs are on board, but she is laying on her side weeping quietly. Its gonna be a long night... The 'cone of silence' starts tonight when we all go to bed, and will continue for about a week. She has pain meds and antibiotics to get her through, but I know it has to hurt like the dickens and I feel so bad for her. Molly is such a good little dog, I hate to see her in pain like this.
Well, that's the up and down of our life. Hopefully, everything will look better tomorrow and Molly will start her road to recovery. I'm pooped and am off to bed at the un-heard hour of 10:30. I'll catch you all on the flip side.








2 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilts, love the quilting. Hope the poor little lady is better

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's a trooper! Resting a lot right at our feet, but still sweet and attentive. We love her!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think about my blog.